What is growing in my garden?

Hello,

I have been enjoying planting vegetables and cooking them. We have been eating green beans, onions, carrots and zucchini. I planted one plant and it has grown and grown. I forgot what I planted. Looking at it I thought maybe I would be getting some cucumbers. No fruit was budding so I had no clue what was to come.

Today I took a peek and look what I found hidden beneath the vines. It is either watermelon or cantaloupe. I will know for sure in a few weeks.



This is what happen when you don't pick the zucchini quick enough. They can grow bigger than a can of vegetables. This size is better for making bread with. Homemade zucchini bread is YUMMY!!

I have a corn stalk growing here. I really don't expect anything from it. I found out your supposed to plant a few together for them to cross breed. I didn't plant enough and I ran out of planting space.


My tomatoes and bell peppers never did come up. I will have to plant some more this weekend. We still have enough summer ahead to get some growing.

Blessings, Diane

No comments: