Fusing Plastic Projects

Hello,

My friend Lena, showed me some cards she had made using plastic bags. They were so cool. I was very interested in how she made the plastic backgrounds for her cards. I searched around for some plastic bags around my house. We do all save some of them. I tried several ways of cutting the bags and layering the different colors on top of each other to create different looks.
The image on the top left I cut different colors of bags at different angles and layered on top of a plain white bag. I stamped with Staz On ink some text and flowers and layered a piece of orange bag on top and melted them together.
The image on the top right I layered 6 white bags, layered some flowers I cut out of a plastic bag using my Big Shot, then layered 2 more white bags and melted them together. The bottom left image I layered 6 white bags, then cut strips of different colored bags and layed on top and then layered 2 more white bags and melted them together. The last image I used a target bag and layered 6 white bags, the target image and then a yellow bag on top and melted them together. The process does take some practice. If you do a search on-line for Plastic Fusing you will find some directions and even videos.

Here are a couple of cards I made using a couple of the fused plastic pieces I made.









This technique I will be teaching on July 7th. See calendar for more details.
Let me know what you think.

Blessings, Diane

1 comment:

Lena said...

I think your idea about cutting the flowers on the big shot is great. Your cards are great! I'm looking forward to see what people come up with in class. :)